12.10.11

Crustless, paleo, ramekin pumpkin pies!

Beautiful colour!  Fresh from the oven!


So, I'm sure you all want the recipe!  Well, I'll provide one, but it's not a perfect recipe.  Basically what I did was I took bits and pieces from several recipes (both traditional and paleo), since I could only make enough filling for 600ml (200ml each ramekin) I had to fudge the math a bit (which I'm bad at), and created these mini pies.  They turned out delicious!!

I'll put my original amounts and notes in parentheses.  I had a tad left over but it wasn't much, not enough to do anything with, but these adjusted measurements should yield exactly 600ml of filling.

1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree  (I used more like 1 3/4 cup but also less maple syrup, see below)
2 eggs (I think mine were extra large, they're free-range and unmarked)
1/2 cup heavy cream or coconut cream (only had roughly 3/4 cups in table cream, but if I were to re-do, I definitely would use HEAVY cream, or at least unsweetened evaporated milk...  I had to use what I had on hand though.  Plus I used less maple syrup, see next...)
1/2 cup maple syrup (I only used 1/4 cup originally since maple syrup ain't cheap, but this was not sweet enough for me!)
Spice to taste, about 2 tsp worth of pumpkin pie spice or your preferred ratio of nutmeg/ginger/cinnamon/cloves.
optional, 1/2 tsp vanilla (I used a full tsp..  It was too much!)

Blend up, fill your three ramekins, and bake at 350 for about an hour, or until the middles aren't jiggly.  Enjoy!

1 comment: